Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ice Breakers and Self-Awareness

Normally, I hate ice breakers. The "get to know each other" parts of classes are always my least favorite parts. That being said, it was nice to get to know the people that I'm going into another country...

Our self-awareness projects were interesting and a nice way for us to learn about one another (and ourselves). The presentations ranged from revealing to comical to a little bit "emo." Our group presentations helped me to get to know my fellow History majors, and now I'm even more excited to go to Panama, given that I know more than one other person.

My Independent Study project looks like it will consist of a series of interviews with the indigenous population in order to compile information about the cultural history of the regional groups we'll be in contact with. I've begun my preliminary research, and I'm realizing that I've still got quite a bit to do. This will be a pretty busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment